Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spiced Beef Patties

I think I see a pattern developing! We like spice in this house and it seems to creep into a lot of our meals. I suppose it's the fact that I'm dieting I'm trying to find as many ways as possible to make my dinners exciting and flavoursome. So last night it was some Spiced Beef Patties.

Mix some beef mince with big pinches of paprika, cumin, chilli powder, chilli flakes, tomato sauce or puree, finely chopped garlic, a small handful of breadcrumbs to bind and plenty of salt and pepper. Shape into patties and put in the fridge for a couple of hours. Cook them straight from the fridge they'll hold their shape better.
Fry the patties in some oil until cooked through about 15mins or so. Serve either with pitta breads or a flatbread (again!!!) and some chargrilled peppers, onions and a spoonful of mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment