Monday, April 12, 2010

Beef Chilli

When I'm in the mood for something spicy I find a beef chilli can go a long way. It's a quick enough dinner to cook as well. You'll need:

  • Minced Beef
  • Onion, finely chopped
  • Garlic, finely chopped
  • Chilli Powder
  • Chilli Flakes
  • Paprika
  • Ground Cumin
  • Ground Coriander
  • Tinned Tomatoes
  • Tomato purée
  • Splash of Worcestershire sauce
  • Splash of Balsamic vinegar
  • Salt & pepper
  • Mix of chopped peppers, red, yellow & green


I fry off the mince and strain out any excess fat that comes off it. Then add the rest of the ingredients including a tin of water. Bring to the boil and let it bubble for around 20mins.

At this stage, I'd taste it for heat and spices. If needs more of anything add it in, its probably wise to be cautious with spicing at the beginning.  You can add but you can't take away. The longer this cooks the better it gets and is even nicer on the second day, so give it at least an hour. I don't add the peppers until near the end of the cooking time, I like them to have a bit of bite and texture to them.

I ate it on a flat bread with some crunchy salad and grated cheese. Very moreish indeed and pretty healthy too, once you don't add extra oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment