Monday, April 26, 2010

Chicken Pitta Pockets

Yesterday was yet another spice day. Chicken breasts were defrosted and a marinade had to be created.  I sliced the chicken breasts into strips and mixed it into the following:

2tbsps olive oil
Half tsp each of chilli powder, paprika, sriracha sauce and dried parsley
A finely chopped shallot
Big pinch of ground coriander
Finely sliced fresh chilli


Give it all a good stir before you add the chicken to it.

We got these chillies in Aldi on Saturday. Don't they look funky? The big red one is allegedly a habanero but it tasted like a mix between a red bell pepper and a tomato. So then I cut the black one to taste it and it was extremely mild too. Now when I say 'to taste it', I mean that I cut some and gave it to Mr. Chops to taste, I aint that brave!! So seeds and all went into the marinade. If you're the kind of person who likes colours, you'll get a kick out of seeing a black chilli in the mix.

This is what the mix looked like with the raw chicken added.

I made Sriracha mayo sauce, label under Chilli Mayonaisse. I also stir-fried some slices of red & yellow peppers and red onion to stuff into the pockets.

Let's be honest with each other ok? I forgot to take pictures of the cooked meal cos I was so hungry and well my brain is totally controlled by my stomach at times. Ok not at times, at all times! It was a very tasty dinner and exceptionally healthy too and that is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment