Sunday, April 18, 2010

Flatbread Pizza

Rather hungover today and under normal circumstances it would involve takeaway of some sort but those days are few and far between now. So the proper alternative is to do it at home yourself. I came all over all Italian, probably an side effect of drinking too much Pinot Grigio last night! I dedicate this recipe to the Gatwick 6 - they know who they are!!

I used a flatbread as the base, you could also use pitta bread. The I layered the toppings as follows:

Finely sliced tomato - Chopped ham - Finely sliced red onion - finely sliced red & yellow peppers - and you guessed it, finely sliced mushrooms.  I topped it with grated cheese and cooked it in the oven at 180C (fan 160C) for 15mins approx until the cheese is gooey and the tomatoes have softened.  A final grating of black pepper and away you go.



I had a small mixed salad with it. I dressed it just with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment