Monday, May 31, 2010

My Greek Salad



I haven't been feeling great the last few days, the flu was beginning to take hold so major amounts of drugs were required and food wasn't really a priority. But last night I felt I could just about handle a salad. I'd bought some feta during the week so that led me to a Greek salad.  I used the following:

Little Gem lettuce, chopped up
Sliced red onion, soaked in water for 10-15mins then rinsed and dried with kitchen paper
A boiled egg, cut into 8
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Feta cheese, cut into bite-sized cubes

Dressing:
1 part cider vinegar to 3 parts olive oil
Pinch of dried oregano, crumbled finely
Garlic clove, halved
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper

Put all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well until combined. Let it sit for a half hour or so, out of the fridge, to let the flavours mingle.  Put all the salad ingredients except for the egg into a bowl, pour over the dressing and then place the egg on top. Then eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment