Sunday, May 16, 2010

Prawn Cocktail


Everyone loves prawn cocktail, it may be very 1980s but it has had a renaissance in recent years if TV chefs are anything to go by.  I didn't put mine in a fancy glass as its intended purpose is to be part of a buffet. I also don't go to the bother of making mayonnaise so purists might get offended.

I mix mayonnaise with tomato ketchup, some pepper, pinch of paprika and some lemon juice.  Then you add prawns and stir ensuring that every prawn is completely coated with the sauce. Spoon a little of the prawn mix onto a Little Gem lettuce leaf which doubles as the serving plate.  I also chopped up a shallot very finely and sprinkled a little on each leaf before I added the prawns.  You can then sprinkle a dusting of paprika on top of each little mound of prawns to make it pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment