Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lasagne variation

Tonight I did a variation on lasagne, turned out nice too. I fried up some finely chopped chorizo, smoked Turkey rashers, mushrooms, garlic, yellow & orange peppers, onion and a chopped tomato. I added a good pinch of chilli flakes, a couple of gratings of parmesan cheese, a mug of water, large squirt of tomato puree, little pinch of sugar, large pinch each of dried basil and oregano and plenty of seasoning. I let the mixture simmer for around 10mins then transferred it to an small oven dish. I sprinkled over some grated cheese, then a lasagne sheet (or 2 depending on the size of the dish) and more grated cheese.  I had some chives in the fridge on the turn so I snipped up a few and sprinkled on top of the cheese.  The whole lot went into the oven at 180C for 30mins. Makes a nice alternative to the meaty ragu still lasagne and its a dish I'll be doing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment