Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunday Roast

Yesterday Mr. Chops took over the reins again and I was happy to let him as he does a mean roast dinner. Now we didn't opt for a big lump of meat or a tender chicken, we chose pork chops. I like pork and as normal roast dinners can be calorific for a dieter, a pork chop is a decent alternative to a slab of beef! He did the normal accompaniments of roast potatoes, peas and an onion gravy. I had 4 roasters which was the equivalent of 2 potatoes. The chop was seasoned well, though perhaps a little too much pepper for my taste but then Mr. Chops loves peppery chops. The potatoes were probably as good as I've had in a long time. They were crunchy on the outside and soft as butter in the inside. Mr. Chops used a lot less oil than normal as we'd run out of olive oil. All in all it was a delicious Sunday dinner and ticked all the boxes of flavour and yumminess. This one I captured for posterity:

Not the best picture but it sure tasted nice

No comments:

Post a Comment