Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gummy Salad

Got a nice cheap bag of salad this evening so decided to make it part of my dinner. This is what I did:

  • I burnt the skin of half a red pepper over the gas ring until it was totally charred and black. Then I put it into a small bag while I got the rest of the salad ready. Once cooled rub the black skin off, don't run under water you'll lose the smokey flavour, then slice finely.
  • I fried some mushrooms in spray fry until slightly crispy.
  • I did the same with a couple of smoked rashers.
  • I made some croutons from a couple of slices of bread, and fried them off in the pan I did the rashers in.
  • In the meantime, I boiled one egg until almost hard.
  • I sliced up some red onion and cheddar cheese.

I layered all the above on top of the salad leaves and poured over a dressing I'd made of half a crushed clove of garlic, raspberry vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and some seasoning.  Mix it all together and try not to hoover it down like I did.

Oh, while the croutons were still hot I grated some Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment