Saturday, April 3, 2010

Crispy Potatoes with Prawns, Halloumi & Veg

Nice dinner tonight for me. Mr. Chops treated himself to fish and chips from town but I decided to cook. We got a small bag of baby potatoes yesterday so I sliced a few of them up thinly and threw a bit of seasoning on them and into a hot oven for 30 mins until nice and crispy. There's no need to peel them just wash them thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper.
While the spuds were roasting, I sliced some red & yellow pepper, halloumi cheese and a red onion. I halved a garlic clove, just wanted a hint of garlic. Then I sprayed some oil in a fry pan and added the halloumi slices and fried them until they were golden brown like this:

 
I used frozen prawns which I fried off at the same time as the vegetables. I added the halloumi for the last few seconds while I was getting the potatoes sorted. It was really tasty too. I added a big pinch of chilli flakes to the veg just to give a background heat. Don't forget to remove the large chunks of garlic before serving.

1 comment:

  1. that meal looks and sounds fab. def must try that after italy trip.

    ReplyDelete