Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busy Week

I've been living in a house of Spring cleaning this week, therefore, dinners were rushed affairs and no time to take any pictures. I had my Thursday weigh-in and unfortunately I didn't lose anything but the silver lining is I didn't gain either. Next week will be different and it turns out housework doesn't burn off as many calories as you'd think. 

Dinners were a quick affair. On Tuesday I had a Chilli Prawn Pasta, very quick stir-fry of prawns, chilli flakes, crushed garlic, chopped shallot and macaroni. Very nice too. Dinner was eaten after a gorgeous stroll down by the Shannon with Mr. Chops and Doggie Chops. The sun was shining and the doggie's face was a picture of happiness for such a long walk.

Wednesday was more pasta. Chopped chicken with onion, garlic, lashings of black pepper and plenty of parmesan all intermingled with pasta. Tasty and I was so hungry I hardly took a breath when I was eating it.

Today I could not get the idea of a steak out of my head so I decided to give my body what it wanted. I got a medium sized striploin from the butchers. I let it come up to room temp while I dry fried off some whole button mushrooms and small shallots. I also peeled a potato and finely sliced it, like a thickish version of shoestring chips and bunged them in the oven with a spritz of no-calorie spray oil for about 20mins until nice and crispy. Once cooked I heated a frying pan to searing hot, there was a little bit of smoke coming off the pan. I oil the steak not the pan and I seasoned it with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. I fried the steak at the high heat for 2mins on each side. It depends on the thickness of the steak and my steak tonight was pretty thick. Once cooked it was still pink in the middle and lovely and juicy. My meat craving was satisfied and I now have a happy tummy! I'd normally have garlic butter with my steak but I sacrificed it to have more potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment