Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An Experiment with Couscous



I haven't used couscous that much but decided to have a little experimentation on Saturday. There was the remnants of a red and yellow pepper and chopped them very finely and fried them off with some garlic, finely chopped mushrooms, chopped chilli and chopped cherry tomatoes. I mixed all this into the steamed couscous and spooned it into half a red pepper and a yellow pepper.  These were cooked in a moderate pre-heated oven for 30mins approx. About 10mins before the end of the cooking time I laid a sliced of sharp cheddar cheese on top to melt into the couscous.  Stuffed peppers are a cliché I guess but I don't cook them that often so it made a nice change to a meaty main and was perfect with a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment