Monday, October 5, 2009

PRAWNS AGAIN

Last night I decided to go Chinese with my dinner. I had some raw king prawns that needed to be used. I soaked some egg noodles in boiling water for 3 or 4 mins, then strained them and refreshed in cold water. I sliced some red onion, red pepper and topped and tailed some sugar snap peas. For the main event I stir fried the prawns for around a minute and removed from the wok. Then threw the peppers into the wok, stir-fried for 2mins then added the onion and sugar snap peas fried for another minute and now throw in the noodles. Keep everything moving or else they'll burn and stick. To this mixture I added a couple of teaspoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce (I use Blue Dragon) and 3tsps of Ketchap manis which is a sweeter soy sauce from Indonesia (if you don't have any use light soy sauce instead) and around 30mls of water. Let this mixture bubble away for a few mins until the sauce is syrupy and thick. To this add the prawns to heat through. Serve immediately. There is no need to add any salt to this mixture though I did add a few grounds of black pepper, but that's only because I love black pepper.

The above measurements are for a single serving. You can find Ketchap Manis in Tesco with all the other ethnic foods.

Mr. Chops didn't partake in my meal, he had a fish finger sandwich. Now that's living!!

No comments:

Post a Comment